You will need:
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 150g of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of rice flour
- 4 scoops of SYSTEM LS Whey Protein Concentrate vanilla protein
- 1/2 cup of bitter cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1/3 cup of light cream cheese
- 3 scoops of sugar-free dulce de leche
- 2 scoops of SYSTEM LS Nourish Shake vanilla protein
MACROS: (per serving)
- Calories: 165
- Carbs: 15g
- Protein: 8g
- Fat: 8g
- In a bowl, whisk together coconut oil and the brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Continue beating until well blended.
- Add almond flour, rice flour, cocoa powder, vanilla protein, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Fill a piping bag with the mixture and pipe buttons of about 2 cm in diameter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 2 hours to freeze.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Transfer the frozen buttons directly from the freezer to the preheated oven and bake for 12 minutes. Let them cool.
- For the filling, beat together the light cream cheese, sugar-free dulce de leche, and vanilla whey protein until well combined. Transfer the filling into a piping bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fill the whoopie pie shells with the prepared filling using a piping bag. Sandwich two shells together to form each whoopie pie. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!